Here you will find tips for maintaining your wall to wall carpets, as well as tips, to deal with stains, in time of occurrence on your Area and/or Oriental rugs.
- Vacuum heavy traffic areas 2–3 times a week, and the rest of your carpet once a week.
- Use both indoor and outdoor mats at each entrance to reduce the amount of dirt tracked into your home.
- Over time, the protection on stain-resistant carpet wears down. For optimum performance, have a protector regularly applied after cleaning.
- Stain-resistant does not mean stain-proof. Be sure to act immediately to prevent spots and spills from causing permanent damage.
- Before using any spot removing product, test for colorfastness in an inconspicuous area.
- Test area rugs for colorfastness before placing over carpet since some rugs may tend to bleed.
- Vacuum under area rugs periodically to remove loose dirt that may have filtered through the rugs to your carpet.
- To avoid color transfer between furniture and flooring after a professional cleaning, leave the protective blocks in place until the carpet is completely dry (about two days).
- Your furniture collects everyday dirt and soil just like your carpet. For convenience, have both professionally cleaned at the same time.